CHI-5 is equipped with a wide field Nikon 200 F/2 lens, providing a huge field of view, situated in the Rio Hurtado valley, Chile. It is equipped with a set of Astrodon astrophotography filters and thanks to its wide field of view it's an ideal instrument astrophotography of large nebulae.
- 50 credits per hour of utilisation
- Aperture: 100 mm (3.94 inches)
- Focal Length: 200 mm
- F-ratio: 2.0
- Mount: 10 Micron GM1000HPs German equatorial mount
- Minimum elevation: 32 degrees
- Model: FLI ML 16200 (spec sheet)
- Pixel Size: 9 μm
- Pixel Array: 4500 x 3600
- Pixel Resolution: 6.3 arcsec/pixel
- Cooling: -25 degrees in Summer, -30 in Winter
- Field of View: 7.9 x 6.3 degrees (473 x 378 arcmin)
- Filters(50mm square): Astrodon LRGB 2GEN, Ha (3nm), SII (3nm), OIII (3nm)
- Position angle: Up is 179 degrees E of N
- Allowed exposure times (in seconds): 90, 180, 300, 600, 1200
- Automated calibration: Yes, the images will be provided fully calibrated in FITS format
Special considerations for Advanced Requests
- This telescope doesn't support Automated Scheduling. You will only be able to use Custom scheduling.
- This telescope has a minimum total exposure time constraint of 30 min.
- Observatory name: El Sauce Observatory
- Location: Río Hurtado, Coquimbo Region, Chile
- Coordinates: 30.472529° S, 70.762999° W (Google maps)
- Elevation: 1525 m
- Average seeing: 1.3'' - 1.8''
- MPC code: X02