El Sauce Observatory, Chile is our top location with regards to clear nights and seeing conditions.
Located in the Rio Hurtado Valley at 1525m this observatory achieves 300 clear nights a year with seeing averaging between 1.5'' - 2.0''. The sky conditions the the El Sauce Observatory allow for the telescopes hosted there to achieve their maximum potential and provide stunning results.
There are currently 3 telescopes at the El Sauce Observatory, all of which are large 50cm+ reflectors. The site is perfect for both astrophotography and scientific applications.
- Observatory name: El Sauce Observatory
- Location: Río Hurtado, Coquimbo Region, Chile
- Coordinates: 30.4725° S, 70.7631° W (Google maps)
- Elevation: 1525 m
- Average seeing: 1.5'' - 2''
- MPC code: [AWAITING] read more