CHI-2 is an ASA 500N, a 50-cm F3.8 corrected Newtonian telescope, situated in the Rio Hurtado valley, Chile. It is an identical setup to CHI-4. It is equipped with a set of Astrodon astrophotography filters and thanks to its wide field of view it's an ideal instrument astrophotography of deep-sky objects.
This telescope was discontinued in January 2023. Only One-Click Observations and Observation Bundles are available.
- Aperture: 500 mm (19.6 inches)
- Focal Length: 1900 mm
- F-ratio: 3.8
- Mount: ASA DDM85 equatorial mount with direct drives
- Minimum elevation: 30 degrees
- Model: FLI PL 16803 (spec sheet)
- Pixel Size: 9 μm
- Pixel Array: 4096 x 4096
- Pixel Resolution: 0.98 arcsec/pixel
- Cooling: -25 degrees in Summer, -30 in Winter
- Field of View: 65 x 65 arcmin
- Filters(50mm square): Astrodon LRGB 2GEN, Ha (3nm), SII (3nm), OIII (3nm)
- Position angle: 270 degrees
- Observatory name: El Sauce Observatory
- Location: Río Hurtado, Coquimbo Region, Chile
- Coordinates: 30.472529° S, 70.762999° W (Google maps)
- Elevation: 1525 m
- Average seeing: 1.3'' - 1.8''
- MPC code: X02