CHI-2 is an ASA 500N, a 19.6 inch (50 cm) is a Newtonian telescope with field corrector, situated in the Rio Hurtado valley, Chile. It is an identical setup to CHI-4. It is equipped with a set of Astrodon astrophotography filters filters and thanks to its wide field of view it's an ideal instrument astrophotography of deep sky objects.
With this telescope the total exposure time of your request has to be longer than 1 hour and always a multiple of 10 min, for instance 1h, 1h10m, 1h20m, 1h30m and so on. Only CHI-2, CHI-3 and CHI-3 are affected by this limitation.
This telescope doesn't support Automated Scheduling.
- 1.2 credits/min
- Aperture: 500 mm (19.6 inches)
- Focal Length: 1900 mm
- F-ratio: 3.8
- Mount: ASA DDM85 equatorial mount with direct drives
- Minimum elevation: 30 degrees
- Model: FLI PL 16803 (spec sheet)
- Pixel Size: 9 μm
- Pixel Array: 4096 x 4096
- Pixel Resolution: 0.98 arcsec/pixel
- Cooling: -25 degrees in Summer, -30 in Winter
- Field of View: 65 x 65 arcmin
- Filters(50mm square): Astrodon LRGB 2GEN, Ha (3nm), SII (3nm), OIII (3nm)
- Position angle: 270 degrees
- Allowed exposure times (in seconds): 180, 300, 600, 1200, 1800
- Automated calibration: Yes, the images will be provided fully calibrated in FITS format
- Observatory name: El Sauce Observatory
- Location: Río Hurtado, Coquimbo Region, Chile
- Coordinates: 30.4725° S, 70.7631° W (Google maps)
- Elevation: 1525 m
- Average seeing: 1.5'' - 2''
- MPC code: X02