CHI-5 is equipped with a wide field Nikon 200 F/2 lens, providing a huge field of view, situated in the Rio Hurtado valley, Chile. It is equipped with a set of Astrodon astrophotography filters and thanks to its wide field of view it's an ideal instrument astrophotography of large nebulae.
This telescope was discontinued in January 2023. Only One-Click Observations and Observation Bundles are available.
- Aperture: 100 mm (3.94 inches)
- Focal Length: 200 mm
- F-ratio: 2.0
- Mount: 10 Micron GM1000HPs German equatorial mount
- Minimum elevation: 32 degrees
- Model: FLI ML 16200 (spec sheet)
- Pixel Size: 6 μm
- Pixel Array: 4500 x 3600
- Pixel Resolution: 6.3 arcsec/pixel
- Cooling: -20 degrees
- Field of View: 7.9 x 6.3 degrees (473 x 378 arcmin)
- Filters (50mm square): Astrodon LRGB 2GEN, Ha (3nm), SII (3nm), OIII (3nm)
- Position angle: Up is 179 degrees E of N
- Observatory name: El Sauce Observatory
- Location: Río Hurtado, Coquimbo Region, Chile
- Coordinates: 30.472529° S, 70.762999° W (Google maps)
- Elevation: 1525 m
- Average seeing: 1.3'' - 1.8''
- MPC code: X02