While we always try to obtain the best quality images with our telescopes, sometime poor weather conditions or technical issues might cause your images to be of poor quality. If you think some images are not of sufficient quality, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We are working on a simplified system that will allow you to request refunds for specific images directly from the platform, we'll keep you posted about it.
Refunds will always be issued in credits added back to your account. We will not be able to refund to your credit card or preferred payment method.
Note that in some of our telescopes (SPA-2, SPA-1) you will see vignetting caused by filter shadows or by a limited telescope field of view of the telescope. This is expected behaviour and we will not refund these images. Read more here.
What we can refund
- Images that are affected by clouds, poor tracking, poor pointing, poor image calibration
- If your image is acquired outside of the requested constraints (e.g. image is taken at 50% moon illumination, with the moon above the horizon, when you asked for the moon to be below the horizon).
- Images that are out of focus or that are affected by poor seeing.
What we will not refund
- Images that are not affected by any artefact and are in focus.
- Images that are saturated due to long exposure times. You should use an appropriate exposure time depending on the brightness of the target and the aperture of the telescope.
- Images that are affected by satellite or asteroid trails.
- If you selected higher moon illuminations in your request, we will not refund for images badly affected by moon reflections.
- Images from SPA-2 or SPA-1 that show vignetting. Read more here.